Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why Him?

Photos from the weekend photo shoot with my good friend Maddie













I have been meeting with Caitlin from our local church that we go to and she is such a blessing. I have been growing so much from her, I love having her in my life. Caitlin is a gentle hearted, kind and full of wisdom kind of a lady! Her excitement and passion for the Lord is only contagious. She recently asked me the question, "Why did Jesus die on the cross, why not someone else?"

This only left me stumbling for words, I know the answer it is just how to make it all come together and explaining it. According to Galatians 4:4,
"What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. The heir is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery under the elemental spiritual forces of the world.  But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba,Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir."

The punishment for breaking the Law is death, separation from God. Therefore, we sinners need a way to escape the righteous judgment of God. Since we are stained by sin and cannot keep the Law of God, then the only one who could do what we cannot is God Himself. That is why Jesus is God in flesh. He is both divine and human. He was made under the Law and He fulfilled it perfectly. Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.

All of these questions and answers are preparing my heart and mind for BigBreak. Talking to people about what they people in is so interesting, knowing and standing firm in the truth and what I believe in is only growing my faith to help others to understand the perfection of our Lord and Savior.

Enjoy your Spring break, also here is a video about The Invisible Children of Uganda. {click below}

No comments:

Post a Comment