I am recently watching Mars Hill Church, Mark Driscoll videos on Song of Songs, love videos.
It is one to watch, learn, and grow from.
Highlights from "Do not awaken love"
- When you are in a relationship, you both must have a serving heart. Serve each other in and out of bed. Tell each other what you want, communicate. This is a mature love for each other.
- Your body is a private garden, not a public park. Wait for that person that God has for you, don't settle and lower your expectations. Patience
- There is massive pressure for singles to settle. Wait, God knows what is going to happen, he knows the desires of your heart.
- Love is personal
Highlights from "Sweet to my taste"
- Take some time under the "apple tree"
- Set me as a seal upon your heart, I need to know that you will cherish me
- I need to know that I am your most valued treasure
- I want to be protected by your armour, fight FOR me not AGAINST me
- Never raise a hand or a voice at me
- Love is as strong as death, it will never change
- I want to discipline and train my children to be strong in their faith
- Just because you get married and you were sexually together before you were married doesn't mean you start right at zero, you go to negative, you must work through your sin together
- Marriage is for a man
- She needs to see herself through your eyes, she does not know what you are thinking
- You need to be able to provide a home for you wife
- Say "Thank you"
"We all pretend for a while or for a lifetime. But pretending is not living...I believe that God meant for life to take our breath away, sometimes because of the sheer joy of it all and sometimes because of the severe pain. To choose living over pretending means that we will know both."
I have really been enjoying these videos, and learning so much about how to be a strong wife for my husband. I pray that God will bless me with my future mate, and that the next boy in my life will be my best friend who I will grow and share my life with.
I want someone who will fall head over heels for me, Cherish me and take care of me. Someone who will truly listen to me as I talk, romance me and give their all to protect my heart.
No matter how you say it, everyone needs it, wants it and was created for it.
God knows us, everything about us and knows that we as humans crave a human relationship..
1 Cor 11:7, “A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.”